Spandana Society also known as Spandana Rural and Urban Development Organisation (SRUDO) is the Non-profit arm of the leading Micro Finance Company – SpandanaSphoorty Financial Limited. The society is registered under the Societies Registrations Act, 1860 in October 1992 with non-profit motive and to carry no commercial activities.
The main objects of the Society are to :
- Create general awareness among the youth of a village and prepare them to help the fellow villagers, women, children and the landless farmers at the time of need.
- We make people understand the root cause of social evils, the concept of development and its relationship with the society. Making people self-efficient and confident.
- Economic emancipation of the family, with particular attention to provision of adequate employment opportunities to women who are largely engaged at present in unpaid and under paid jobs, often characterized by physical drudgery;
- To improve productivity and thereby uplift the income of rural people;
- To achieve an appreciable rise in the standard of living of the poorest section of the population;
- Education of children and adults.